Our contact details:
Name: Lund Humphries
Address: The Alphabeta Building, 18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AH, UK
Phone Number: 020 7440 7530
1. The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- The personal data which we collect includes information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address, as well as IP addresses and website pages accessed;
- We collect information about our authors, customers, email-newsletter subscribers, website users, business partners, suppliers and employees;
- We collect information to provide services or goods, to provide information, for administration, research, profiling and analysis;
- We only collect the information that we need or that would enable us to provide the best possible service.
2. How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- As part of our contractual agreement with you;
- So that we can communicate with you about your book order and arrange delivery of it;
- Because you have opted in to receive information from us about our new products.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- We collect data held in the public domain, for the purposes of marketing our products.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Fulfil our contractual obligations;
- Communicate with you about your customer order;
- Keep you informed about our products.
We may share this information with our fulfilment partners, in order to process your order, and our employees, in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
3. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Victoria Benjamin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) We have a contractual obligation;
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
4. How we store your personal information
We do our very best to keep personal information secure, including SSL technology (secure server software) wherever we collect personal data online.
We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company for marketing purposes.
5. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing. You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, please contact: Lund Humphries, The Alphabeta Building, 18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AH, UK email email@example.com, tel +44 (0)20 7440 7530.
6. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by contacting Victoria Benjamin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk